Thursday 7 February 2008

Planning my Avatar Continued.....



I was on the internet browsing through some websites to give me inspiration on what my avatar will look like. At this stage I am thinking of a simpler design due to my lack of experience using 3D Max. I came across this site "create your own south park character" which I found pretty cool as the design of the characters are so simple.






I started creating my armoured avatar on photoshop, but then I realised that I would have to create this on 3D Max. My avatar design was too complex for me to implement this on to 3D Max as my skills on this software is very limited. Instead I am going to create a simpler avatar based on the idea of a manga character armoured.
Here is a simple manga character that I took from my manga book that i am going to use as my starting guideline.




I went on Adobe Illustrator and opened up the image that I got from my manga book. First I removed the head because I am going to replace it with a picture of my face and then I used the pen tool to draw an outline of the body which came out looking like this. I did this because it will be easier for me to draw my final sketch and add some features to it.



Here is my final design of ym avatar. As you can see I ahev added some features onto the original drawing to make the character look more robotic and less human. When it comes to designing this on to 3D Max, I had an idea to add circuit boards and wires that I will grab from the internet and place it onto the skin of my avatar.




Thinking of what character my avatar would be, its got me thinking of this game I used to love palying when I was a kid. The game is called "worms" which as you can see from the top, looks really cool and is SO simple to design. I like the idea of creating a simple, animated character like this because it looks really effective. I still want to keep with the theme of my avatar being armoured or well protected due to my skin disease. But importantly I need my avatar design to me much more simpler than the design I had at the bottom because there are too many features I need to create on 3D Max and I don't have the knowledge to overcome it.



Here is a little preview of my attempted human avatar design, I tried to make it as human as possible but creating the bodily areas such as the pecs, shoulders, hands, knees I found too hard.
So now I am going to sketch out a few simple ideas on my sketch book and come up with a design that relates to me and preferably easy to create on 3D Max





Here is a design that I was working earlier on, as you cans ee I have used the robotic legs that I have made in the past and I thena ttached a body on to it. I was going for the idea of creating a half robot, half human character but then I decided that this cahracter does not really relate to me in anyway and I did not really like the design of it in the first place.
So after some long tihnking I decided to go back to teh drawing board and think of another idea for my avatar.

No comments: