Monday 19 November 2007

Pixilation and filters

This part of the multimedia course we had Andrew Love teaching us about the usefulness of pixilation when it comes to filming. We also had a lot of lectures beforehand to give us a brief idea of what pixilation is, so in the seminars Andrew Love set us all practical work, to make a one-shot film using just a camera. This involved taking at least 300 snapshots from the camera to make. I was set in a small group of 5, including me, and we decided to use the advantages of one-stop-motion to its full extent to create a film that you cannot do using a camcorder e.g. making an orange un-skin itself (if that makes sense :P). But the main part of the project was to edit the film using a program called Adobe Paint shop Pro where we can create our own filters to give the film a really effective look e.g. change contrast, saturation etc. Below shows the film that the whole group has made. I will shortly add my film with my own filters to my blog when I get the chance to buy my hard drive.




No comments: