Wednesday 21 November 2007

Final - One shot film

Donna one of my group members wanted to do the scripting and the story line for our film so she made a really good storyline where it is perfect to emphasise the main characters loneliness. Then everyone joined heads and we all thought about how we can use the lighting, background and camera to create a really effective film set that will enable us to film this story plot.

Firstly I was chosen to be main character as out of all of us I had the stronger voice so the dialogue will be heard. Donna contacted me to let me know that the scripting was on her blog so I went on her page and decided to learn the lines to get me prepared for the shooting.

The plot of the story

Basically the story starts with the main character (me) where he has found out that he ahs been betrayed by 3 of his closest people in his life. One being his girlfriend (played by Donna) where one drunken night she has slept with my best friend (played by Thomas). This has completely destroyed the main characters's life and is indeed the loneliest guy.

What's going to happen during filming

The main character will be in a spotlight in a completely dark room so all the focus is put on him. The other two will be behind him but less visible and once the main character starts talking about what he feels about his girlfriend (Donna) for example, Donna will then step forward to the spotlight so the audience knows who I am talking about. Once i finish she will slowly step back into the darkness where I will continue on about my best friend (Tom) etc.
Then once this is over, it will show during framing that there is no one next to me showing that I am alone, then the lights come off showing complete darkness which emphasises that he is truly alone.

How we filmed it?

When we met up on Wed 21st, we set out the set using the main light and the fill light on a raised level so pointing straight to the floor creating a spotlight for the main character. The room was in total darkness and we saw using the camera that it was too bright having two lights on because we need the characters Donna and Tom to exit the framing without being seen walking off set. So we decided to use one light in a 45 degrees angle so that concentrated light is pointing on one side of my face. This made a perfect set for the other characters to leave and we also took advantage of using the studio curtains for them to walk behind making sure they are not in the frame whilst they are leaving.
During filming we needed one person to control the light (Hayley) because at the start of the film and end of the film we need someone to turn off and turn on the light. (Also Hayley did a sound effect of a body dropping to the floor using a bag :P )
The filming began, there was not much trouble, except for me forgetting some lines and everyone else trying to keep a straight face lol :P but other than that, shoting went down perfect and we all thought we did a really good job.

No comments: